Monday, April 27, 2009

East Anglian Beer Festival 2009 - The Beers

After my Friday visit I returned on Saturday lunchtime. By now the beers were strting to run out - I just missed the last glass of an old favourite, St Peter's Grapefruit, for example. But here is my verdict from those I did get to taste...

My first beer set the standard for others to follow - Bartrams' Barwells the Butchers (3.8% ABV). Very tasty. Others I enjoyed were:
  • Beeston Brewery's Afternoon Delight (3.7%)
  • Buffy's Brewery's Polly's Folly (4.3%)
  • Cliff Quay Brewery's Tolly Roger (4.2%)
  • Crouch Vale's Brewers Gold (4.0%)
  • Iceni Brewery's Fine Soft Day (4.0%)
  • King's Head Brewery's Landlady (4.0%)
  • Mighty Oak's Oscar Wilde Mild (3.7%)
  • Mill Green Brewery's Good Ship Arabella (5.4%)
  • Tipple Brewery's Lady Evelyn (4.1%)

  • With Polly's Folly coming a close second, my favourite, though, was Wolf Brewery's Cavell Ale (3.7%). A light beer packed with flavour. Yum!

    1 comment:

    Beers of Europe said...

    Great posts - always happy to read about beer!