Sunday, March 04, 2007

Eclipse

It was a total lunar eclipse last night and we had a great view of it from the back garden. I thought I'd see if I could take some photos of it, but discovered I had lost the shoe that connected my camera to my tripod. Grrr!

Instead we had to make do with a kitchen chair and some books to prop the camera up. The Missus joined in to take some of the pictures as she is teaching science classes and it would make a good topic. Getting the exposure and focus right was pretty tricky and the chair on the back lawn wasn't really a steady enough platform for some of the lengthy shots, but we got a few decent ones. Alas sleep got the better of us and we gave up before the full moon was returned, but we got enough for the Missus to use in a presentation at school. Here's the result...

Not bad, but it's a pity I couldn't use my tripod!

1 comment:

Gemma said...

Hi John

I was just notified of your blog...by Ruby... Looks good!!!

I just thought I'd let you know about the new Moreton Hall Directory Blog - and wondered if you would like to take a look, and if you would be happy for me to link your blog in...

All the best