Saturday, February 28, 2009

Eye Laser Surgery - Next Morning

Woke up... no scrabbling to find my glasses. I just take the eye covers off and...

It has worked!!!! Like the most accurate prescription glasses for distance I've ever had. Still a bit hazy and with halos around bright lights, and close-up vision is rubbish. But otherwise amazing!

We head off to Cambridge again for my day-after check-up. The optician sits me down. There is a chart displayed. "Oh no, that's much too challenging", he says and changes it to the previous one. "Can you read any of that?", he asks. I read the bottom line.

"Oh", he says and changes to the next chart. I read the top line, then struggle with the next line a little. "That's astounding", he says. Apparently with the amount of correction I've had to have I wasn't supposed to be able to see that well for some time.

He checks me over and pronounces everything OK. "I must tell Chris - he will be pleased". I say "I presume my sight is good enough to drive, then. Is it?". "Good enough to drive? It's good enough to fly a plane!"

Wooooo.

3 comments:

St Edmunds Blogger said...

I have to add that i have been thinking about taking the leap and getting the Laser eye surgery.

Would you recomend it?

John said...

Well it seems to have worked for me. Do investigate it thoroughly before you do it, though.

Unknown said...

For independent guidelines and animations showing what its all about see: http://www.youreyeguide.co.uk/lasereyesurgery/index.html