Sunday, August 13, 2006

Enterprising Ideas again

Time to explain some more Enterprising Ideas

#8 Microbrewer

One of the things that impresses me about the local beer festival is the number of good ales from small breweries. It's years since I made some home brew, but, as my recent tour of the Greene King brewery reminded me, it is a pretty straightforward process. Maybe I could start my own. But with all the chillis I haven't the room without finding some other premises. And besides, could I compete with the wonderful Old Cannon Brewery? I think we'll put that on hold.

#9 Home PC Man

We were having christmas drinks at a friends where we introduced to some of their other friends. "What is it you do?", I was asked. When I mentioned computing, I got a common reaction - was I any good at fixing PCs. Well maybe I could do that as a business? But then I remembered how competitive the managed desktop services are in the outsourcing market and, looking at the Moreton Hall Directory, there's already somebody doing that locally fornham.net.

#10 Cult Leader

Now this one has got to be possible. Think how many TV evangelists or mystics have made a fortune. As Cult Success Secrets says...
Have you ever dreamed of being worshipped and adored?
Do you have the courage and brashness of character to lead an army of human sheep in a religion of your own making and earn thousands, perhaps millions of dollars? Would it delight you to be worshipped by a bevy of devotees who would die for you, their messiah?
Now how about a new age pagan cult making use of chillis (of course - that's got to be a USP) and chocolate (let's snag a few chocoholics) in its arcane rites? Something that involves supernatural powers, like Sung Chi-li, for example. And look here - I've found a helpful checklist of characteristics my cult should display.

First to recruit some members. Little Miss and Little W are up for it (providing they don't have to eat the chillis)....

superkidsWhat we need to do is to think of a name (how about Knights of the Mole Poblano - any other suggestions, anybody?), create a web-site, invent some spoof followers, a few rituals and publish. Big Miss is into building web-sites. The missus can be my High Priestess. Does anybody out there want to help set it up?

Yes! This is it! I think I've found my new career!

Meanwhile, I have to admit, I'm making some progress in finding work doing what I know already. Just in case this cult thing doesn't work out, of course. More anon.

No comments: