Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Flatford Mill

Back in the summer I went to Constable Country on my own and had a lovely walk. On Sunday The Missus wanted some peace and quiet to do some work, so I thought I'd take the terrible trio there for an artistic amble. Here is the bridge (and Bridge Cottage). The river was much fuller than the last time.

I couldn't get the kids much interested in Constable's paintings in the exhibition. "I don't want to be an artist", protested Little Miss. That's funny. She seems to spend all her time filling the house with her drawings! They did like the ducks and geese on the River Stour, though, and agreed to pose sitting on the wall.

"It's just as well The Missus isn't here", I thought. She wouldn't have let them sit there in case they toppled over backwards into the river, got swept away and drowned.

Anyway, we went on a walk. Just the short National Trust one. And Little W managed to lose his hat, so we had to go back round the route again in reverse to find where he had dropped it. Predictably, it was quite close to the start! So it wasn't just Dad who was a bit grumpy. Anyway, here they are, offending hat recovered and in hand, if not on head.

No comments: