Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More new beginnings

Well I've come to the end of my first contract (and delivered a week early) and have had another decision to make. Do I move on and do some work for another client, or do I take the permanent job they've offered me? For loadsamoney. Open the box or take the money?

Something to take into account - the Missus is giving up her Cover Supervisor job at Thurston Community College to become a real teacher! Yes, she has been accepted on the Norfolk and Suffolk Graduate Training Programme for the next academic year. She is going to be a 'mature student'. Wow. And not earn much money for the next year.

So... Well, if you've seen the career discussions previously, I think you may have guessed it. I've decided to work for the French - Capgemini on the Aspire account. In fact, I've already started. More than that, I don't think I'm allowed to say. Of course I know that if I don't like it I can always go and do something else. I can work from home 1 day a week, but it means getting somewhere to stay during the week in Shropshire. And maybe some more adventures. As exciting as Australia? I very much doubt it, but watch this space!

No comments: