Friday, July 04, 2008

Gardeners Arms Tostock

The Missus had taken the kids to have their hair cut after she got back from school. I wasn't sure when they would be back so hadn't started cooking an evening meal. "I fancy going out to a country pub for a meal", she announced when they arrived, earlier than expected. Who am I to argue? So we did. "Where do you want to go?", I asked as we headed to the end of our road. She waved her right hand so we headed in a vaguely easterly direction to the sounds of the Pasadena Roof Orchestra (aka PRO) on my car's CD player. We ended up in Tostock, start of my Mid-Suffolk Cycle Ride some time back, at the Gardeners Arms where the Missus regularly goes from school. (Ah, now I know where she goes when she says she is working late).

The building dates from the 14th century and has great character. We were warmly greeted and found plenty of room in the dining area.

The food was great and everything got eaten up. Why don't they do that with my cooking, I wonder? (No don't answer that). After a pint and a half of Abbot ale, the Missus was well merry and regaled us with her vocal accompaniment to the PRO's "That's My Weakness Now" all the way home. And I didn't have any cooking or washing up to do. Yippee.

No comments: