Saturday, November 29, 2008

Trip to India

A bit of a gap in the blogging, but that's because I've been away on business... in India! Here's where I flew in last Sunday...

Fortunately this was just a stopover on my way to Hyderabad. Nevertheless the terrible events in Mumbai had an effect on our week and I flew home via Dubai.

I was staying at the Indian School of Business...

...which is in the FT Top 20 business schools in the world. Unfortuantely, during the week we saw nothing ither than the ISB Campus, the Capgemini offices...

... and the bit of road between them. The scale of construction in the area is incredible, with large gangs working 24x7x365 to cosntruct office campuses for major global IT firms.

By the way, here's a tip for converting time from India to UK (5 1/2 hours). Turn your watch upside down...

So 20 past 2 becomes 10 to 8.

At least we got out of the office into the grounds sometimes to enjoy the warm sunshine. It was like a lovely summer day in England. And in the evenigs we got to eat outside...

...where we were served with a large selection and variety of curries all week. Yum!

I was disappointed not to see more and fascinated by the little glimpses I had of India and Indian life. Must go back some day.

No comments: