Friday, March 06, 2009

Eye Surgery - One Week On

It's official - here is my lifetime guarantee...

I stopped having to take the anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory drops today. I'm slowly getting used to only needing glasses for reading. One thing that has surprised me, though - my close-up vision seems to be worse than it was before with glasses - not a huge amount, but significant. I can't use the computer without my reading glasses now.

And, of course, I can't use the trick I used to of taking my glasses off to see things close-up - I'm not short-sighted any more!

On Monday I was back at work, but working from home. I found I had to take breaks from using the computer regularly and my eyes were quite tired by the end of the day - especially as I had to drive to The Barn in the evening. Yes, I got a starburst effect around all the vehicle and street lights, but I could still see the road and signs fine so driving was OK.

Tuesday I was back in the office. Predictably, the first thing I got as I walked in was, "How many fingers am I holding up?". I show off my new eyesight to our management team's PA. "Staples. The Office Superstore" I read from a sign in the distance. She is amazed.

My team rather like my wraparound shades. I think it could become part of our uniform. "I think you should get a monocle for reading", says Rob. "I don't know why I need to use these artificial tears when I have to work with you lot", I reply.

No comments: