Friday, April 10, 2009

Another Shropshire Day Out

The title is a bit of cheat, really. Actually I was intending to take the kids to Powis Castle. But it was a bit wet and the kids pleaded with me. I told them that the website said as it was the holidays there would be queues and they may have to stop letting people in and we were late to join the queue, but they insisted...

Yes. They wanted to go ice-skating. We got there just before 11am and there were no queues and we got straight on!

Little W has got the hang of it now. He fell on his bottom only 3 times. See if you can spot the three of them together on the ice.

But after lunch I had my way and we were out. We visited Attingham Park, just off the A5 not far from Shrewsbury.

The last time we were there it was on a Wednesday and house wasn't open, but yesterday, being a Thursday, it was. The kids enjoyed trying to find the mice hidden about the house, while I enjoyed seeing the story of the restoration they have done.

Then it was out for a walk in the grounds. The kids loved the play area. Here is the 'bee house'...

Meanwhile I just missed gettign to see inside the walled garden as they wre closing for the day. Rats! Must go back another time.

No comments: