Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Clare Circular Walk

"Where are we going?" asked the Missus as I bundled her into the car with the kids and the picnic. "Clare Country Park", I replied. She pulled a face. I asked why and she said she thought it was too townie. I was surprised, but then I remembered that the last time we were there we did the Town Walk. But not today. Yes we still started at the Country Park...

But we did the Clare Circular Walk instead. We were soon out of the town. "We're going through a Blossom Tunnel", exclaimed Little W...

Spring flowers were to be found everywhere. Here are some cowslips looking fresh and cheerful...

The walk takes you out first north of the town then back and out again past Clare Camp to the Common.

It was a bit drizzly, but we still had good view of the town and castle as we headed back.

The walk returns to the Country Park via this bridge over the River Stour...

A good walk with some lovely country scenes. "I was wrong", said The Missus. "That was a delightful walk". Now for that picnic. But no, let's not have it in the Country Park...

No comments: