Friday, December 08, 2006

Lost Delivery Office

While I was out the postman came. There was something for the Missus that had to be signed for, so I was left a card.

I went into town to go to the delivery office to collect it. But when I got there I found this...

Aargh! The delivery office has moved. But where to? Skyliner Way? Never heard of it. I headed for the main Post Office to ask them. But then I spotted this Information Point on Cornhill.

I'd noticed it before but never tried it out. Here was my chance. You just point your finger at the screen and off you go. I entered the post code from the card - IP32 7YY.

Hang on a minute. That can't be right, it's showing a spot just round the corner from the old delivery office, where the Bury Free Press offices are.

I tried again entering the street name. No luck here either...

I walked round the corner and spotted a postman emptying the post box. "Where's the delivery office moved to?", I asked. "Ah. It's moved to Moreton Hall now". And now I remembered seeing the AA sign coming up the hill past Sainsbury's and Matalan - 3rd exit at the roundabout. An easy walk from home. If I'd known.

So the delivery office has moved, but they appear to have kept the post code. And so much for the Information Point - it just goes to show, there's no substitute for talking to those who know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The postcode for the new sorting office is not the same as the old sorting office, it was
'IP33 1AB', totally differnet from 'IP33 7YY' it is now. And only on goggle maps is skyliner way located in Kings Road.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. Saved me the hassle of walking into town.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information, my friend who lives in Bury wanted to locate this office, however her computer refused to function. Now I know I can tell her where to locate the delivery office.