Sunday, December 03, 2006

Home

So it was goodbye Australia.

Well, OK, I cheated. That sunset was over the Indian Ocean when I had my meal overlooking Cottesloe Beach on my Perth trip.

My plane was 2 1/4 hours late leaving Melbourne (at 2:10 am), but apart from that, the journey was fine. And I had a window seat which, on the second leg from Hong Kong gave me some spectacular views of Central Asia. We went up the Eastern end and then around the North of the Himalayas.

This Gobi desert landscape looked desolate.

In fact, we travelled across thousands of miles of frozen and apparently empty land before we got to Europe, which was mostly covered in a sea of cloud.

Our our first sight of England was much warmer, though. That's the river Medway there.

But the best sight of all, after a long wait for my bags (they had a shortage of baggage handlers at Heathrow), was this...


It's good to be home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe how lovely ! There's no place like home and home is where the family is, as they say.....

Great pictures. Wonder what make and model your camera is ? A digital camera is my request from Father Christmas this year...so let me have the details.

Looks & sounds like you had an excellent visit to Oz. Hope you have a fab Christmas at home.

LoL

John said...

Hi Helen,

Good to hear from you.
I have a Fuji Finepix S9500 (bought in Oz for $699). It has a 28-300mm lens and I got a 1Gb flashcard for it as storage medium - enough for 500 standard size photos of 2 Mb each. I reduce the resolution before posting on the blog, though.

John

Anonymous said...

Welcome back ...See youat Christmas I hope. I plan to do the usual run up to NM on Xmas Day and back to Dorset on 30th. Looking forward to seeing all of you .
xxx from Sister Sue

Christina S said...

What a lovely welcoming party!! Bet everyone was sooo pleased to see you - and you them!

Awesome pictures taken from the plane! Can't believe what a clear view it was.