Friday, March 21, 2008

Chilli Farm - It Could Have Been Us

Long time readers of this blog will remember one of the things I considered doing in 2006 was starting up a Chilli Farm (and you can see our 2006 harvest here). Well I was intrigued to see last year a repeat of a programme in the Channel 5 TV series "Build a new life in the country" about a couple that actually did it (a synopsis of the original episode, first broadcast in October 2006, is here). It told the story of Adrian (who worked in IT!) and Denise Nuttall who moved to Suffolk to set up The Chilli Company. Spooky. It must have been filmed about the time I was considering it.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I was reminded of it when we drove past the farm here on the A140 on our way to Thornham Walks for a winter walk. So I looked them up on the web and found that there was a new series "Build a New Life in the Country - Was it Worth It" that revisited people from the original programmes to see how things had worked out, and that I had missed their episode. And I missed a rerun last night while travelling home from Shropshire. But never fear, I've found it is being repeated (see here) at 9:30 am on Tuesday 25th March. I'd better set the video so I don't miss it again! I hope they are doing well - and I'm not envious, really!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

probably a good thing you didn't go first...not going so well it seems...A is back to IT...

http://www.chillicompany.com/firecrackergrill/index.asp