Friday, March 07, 2008

Number 1 on Google!

Having restarted my blogging, I thought I'd take a look at what effect that had had on the number of visits I get, and what brings people to the site in the first place. In fact I'd almost forgotten that I could get these statistics from my link to Sitemeter. I got a bit of a surprise...

After the main page for Interred I got Best Ever Leaving Speech. (Go on. Click the link. You know you want to find out why it's so interesting!). What was that about? I dug a bit deeper and discovered I was being "referred to" from Google a lot. By people who were searching for the "best ever leaving speech" (or similar). So I put it into Google and look what I found!

Yes! For one teeny-tiny corner of the web I have the top ranked answer! Now there's a certain amount of irony about this, given what has been happening at work. But it makes you wonder, who are all these people who need leaving speeches and why do they need them now? I think I can see another new business opportunity coming...

No comments: