Thursday, November 30, 2006

Last Day

Yes it's my last day of work here - for now, at least. Here's the view from my 18th floor apartment as dawn breaks.

I had one last lunch date with my pals Beverley, Colin and David at Lime restaurant on St Kilda Rd. Many thanks to them for their help in my job and making me feel at home.

And I finally got to meet up with some old friends of my Mum and Dad, Ian and Janet, who treated me to a lovely meal of Australian lamb in their Toorak home.

It was good to hear their stories about how Melbourne and hear how Ian came to meet my Mum all those years ago when she was only 19. Many thanks to them for their hospitality too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip back to the U.K. was an uneventful one. I can just see the smiling faces there to greet you. My Dad was here over the thanksgiving holiday. He stayed for 10 days. We hadn't seen him for over 3 years so made the most of his stay and were very sorry to see him head for home. We're looking forward to Keith's return later this month. Give the missus my love.

Christina S said...

Hope you have /you've had a safe journey home. Loved reading about your Australia trip.

John said...

Yes I'm home now, safe and sound, thanks. Now what time is it? 11 hours time difference takes abit of getting used to!