Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bury St Edmunds Flower and Continental Market

Today and tomorrow there's a flower and continental market on. So if you're needing some plants for the garden or fancy some french nosh, don't miss out. I got there this morning just as the rain started to get heavier. Shame...

I'm afraid Icycle wont be selling too many ice-creams today!

There are loads of plant stalls, but I headed for the French sector. First up, the bakers...

Pain-au-chocolat is a great favourite with the kids, so I got some for them. But now something for me. Some french cheeses...

And then it was on to the sausage stall...

I was given a sample of the venison sausage. Yummy. So I got some Venison, Smoked and Garlic flavoured sausages. There were also stalls selling hot food for consumption there and then or to take home. There was a stall with giant dishes of paella, and this one with its Croque Monsieur, Cassoulet, Turkey, pepper, mushroom and onion stew and this delicious looking Tartiflette Bacon.

But I didn't get any for lunch as, while I was at the market the Missus was preparing a picnic for a family day out... No I'm not joking! More anon!

P.S. Sausage boy Little W thinks the french sausages are ace.

No comments: