Friday, May 09, 2008

Girls v Boys

While I was busy exploring Twine, the Missus was working on writing up a survey she had done of pupils at Thurston Community College as part of her teacher Graduate Training Programme.

They had done a test on knowledge of the Periodic Table and the girls had done better than the boys. In answer to the question "I was not surprised at the difference between the boys and girls results. Comment" there were a number of interesting answers...
  • After all girls are smarter than boys.

  • Because girls are better and smart and don't mess about.

  • Girls tend to revise - boys don't.

  • Not all the boys in the class try hard.

  • But I am smarter than a girl.

  • The boys in the class don't try... what do you expect?

  • Boys get bored easier.

  • Girls rule. Boys don't try but girls do.

  • Boys are like toddlers and don't have much of a brain.
  • Spot the comment that wasn't from a girl! Wow. Get your act together chaps or we will be back to the rule of Queen Boudicca*!

    *OK. I know the Iceni weren't a matriarchal society, but when I tried to find one to refer to I couldn't. Anyone got a better suggestion?

    No comments: