Friday, May 30, 2008

Outdoor LAN Party

Spotted dotted around the village during our Glemsford walk yesterday, were these posters. "What is an outdoor LAN party? Not a Local Area Network, surely", I thought. I read the detail on the poster (if you click on the picture you should be able to read it too). Yes it really is an outdoor Local Area Network. For multi-player gaming, as this article explains. I wonder how many people they got? As the poster says, they were planning this as a 2 day event; I bet they cursed the weather last Sunday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool - One of my neighbours (before we got Broadband here) tried to persuade us to share his ISDN link - the thought of 3 or 4 houses on that (as well as my data moving via his network) made me shudder so I went out and got my own..