Friday, May 02, 2008

Drum Kit

OMG. I'm not sure how she did it, but Big Miss managed to persuade me that it would be a good idea to get her a drum kit for her 13th birthday. Something to do with having lessons on it at school. I was directed to Gear4Music to buy one - £145 for a full size starter kit didn't look bad. At 9:30 am this morning a van arrived and a man staggered up the drive with a huge box. It had arrived!

Big Miss arrived home from school in a state of excitement. "Has it come?" she asked as I let her in. "Has what come?" I asked innocently, but she wasn't fooled. 5 minutes later her 2 mates (and fellow members of the maybe-to-be-famous-one-day Longsockz all-girl band) arrived. "Can we open it, please?". Off she went...

By the time the little ones came home from After-School Club the girls had almost got it complete. A few minutes later, Big Miss was ready to give a demonstration...

And look who else is joining in. Hang on a minute, we've put it together in the Living Room. It's supposed to go in her bedroom...

That's better. But, I think we need a bigger house; with more distance between us and the neighbours. Meanwhile, I think I'd better go and order some of those Silencing Pads!

No comments: