Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers' Day

It was Friday night. I'd just got in from my long week away and Little Miss was ready for bed. "Dad", she said. "What would you like more than anything else in the world?". "Not to have to go to work any more", I replied instantly. "No. Not that", she said crossly. I pondered for a moment and then realised what day it would be on Sunday. "A kiss from you on Fathers' Day", I said. She smiled and fluttered her eyelashes at me. "Nearly right", said the Missus. "You were supposed to say a hug and a kiss". Little Miss was asked to go upstairs. "Can I have a hug and a kiss before you go to bed as well as one on Sunday?", I asked. No I could not. If I had one then I wouldn't be allowed one today. Oh well. At least I got a hug and kiss this morning!

No comments: