Friday, June 20, 2008

Social Networking for Families

Here's something from work I just had to share. I use the excellent Techcrunch as a source of information about new start-up companies. One that featured this week is Cozi which, as Techcrunch's Michael Arrington says
...is most easily described as a social network for a family unit... Cozi lets family members keep a group journal, share photos, organize chores, share calendars and create todo lists.
I couldn't believe it. We share digital photos on the family PC, we have a family calendar in the kitchen, we leave notes on the fridge about things to add to the shopping list. Why would anyone want to use the internet for that? But maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy. Michael reports that they have 600,000 subscribers already and are gaining 2,000 more a day. No. I still don't believe it. Maybe I should sign-up and try it out.

No comments: