Friday, June 09, 2006

Moreton Hall Health Club

We've rejoined the health club. There are others in the area, but the facilities at the Moreton Hall Health Club are excellent. I stopped being a member a few years ago when I was away from home all the time, although the wife did carry on for a while.

This time, instead of just swimming and bad squash, I'm going to be using the gym...

I had my assessment with the avuncular Richard. He asked how old I was. I told him. He asked when I'd last used a gym. I had to admit that I never had. Not once. Richard seemed shocked. I suppose I'd always thought of it as like eating salad cream instead of mayonnaise - artifical rather than natural. Whatever, I'm giving it a go now.

Richard showed me round the equipment and I had a few minutes on each piece. The calories-burned counter on the first one reached 70. "That's the equivalent of one digestive biscuit", said Richard, helpfully. Oh my goodness. How many digestive biscuits have I overeaten over my non-gym lifetime? I could be burning them up on these machines for quite some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good article, you make some interesting points .

Health Clubs Data