Thursday, June 29, 2006

Infra-Red Bury St Edmunds

An idea I picked up from The Camera Shed when I fixed the spot in my photos, was to get an Infra-Red filter for my camera. So I did. And today I went into Bury St Edmunds to take a few pictures using it. Now, have you ever seen Bury St Edmunds looking like this?

As the filter blocks out most of the light, all these pictures have quite a long exposure. So the ducks that are zooming about look a bit blurred.


The trees and grass reflect rather than absorb IR so look bright. Here's looking across the play park from the other side of the river towards the abbey ruins.


I had to use a tripod to keep the camera steady enough. I got a few curious looks while wandering about with it!


The flowers lose their colour, but doesn't the clear blue sky look dramatic?


Moyses Hall Museum looks radiant. I had to time this shot carefully to avoid vehicles moving across.


I could only upload a few of my photos for this post. For some more, why not visit the Flickr Bury St Edmunds Group?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..... Bury in a whole new light!
John, you've been reminding of all the wonderful places we used to go in and around Bury. I'm quite missing it. You've inspired me to put a few posts on my site about things we do around Bellevue, Nebraska. I'm not sure I'll be as prolific as you, but hey, you've got to start somewhere.
Love to Dawn and the kids.