Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Squashed

As the Health Club has 6 squash courts and a squash league of 27 divisions, I thought I'd take it up again. I last played about 5 years ago when we were previously members, but after about 5 months I started working away all week, so had to drop out. Before that, I last played regularly about (gulp!) 25 years ago.

So I put my name down to join the league and was put into league 26. I organised my matches and went to my first one. Hmm. Perhaps I should have had a bit of practice first. It took me about 2 1/2 games before I started hitting the ball. But it was too late to avoid losing 3-0. I looked at my racquet. No it didn't have a big hole in it. I looked at my opponent James' racquet. Then it dawned on me... I wasn't playing with the new racquet I'd bought 5 years ago, but the one from 25 years ago. Can you spot the difference?

No comments: