Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Healthy Living Pays Off!

Yes, I have been running a healthy living campaign. But I didn't expect it to have this big an effect...
Do you seek long life and happiness? Go east, to the Moreton Hall housing estate, on the edge of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

Breathe in Moreton Hall's rejuvenating vapours of flowers, fresh-cut grass and, if the wind is right, the odd whiff from the nearby sugar beet factory mingling with hops from the town centre brewery.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) found that Moreton Hall (population 6,000) has the longest average life expectancy of all 8,000-plus council wards in England and Wales.

In results suggesting a correlation between long life and prosperity, Moreton Hall, with an average life expectancy at birth of 93.4 years, pipped the Lake District village of Greystoke (91.3) and Didcot Ladygrove, Oxfordshire (90.3).

Read all about it in this Daily Telegraph Article.

So another 45 years for me yet. Off to the Moreton Hall Health Club now for my Tuesday morning session.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the 6 years we spent on Moreton Hall will pay off!

John said...

Hmm. That reminds me. How much do I lose from having spent 2 summers working on the coke ovens at South Bank, Middlesbrough?

Anonymous said...

You'd have to lose at least the 6 years I gained, but all this cycling you're doing will no doubt add a few too!
BTW, my three tomato plants look rather pitiful compared to your chili and tomato farm. Note to self: Must do beter next year.