Thursday, July 13, 2006

"I beg your pardon...

...I never promised you a rose garden." That probably dates me.

One of my favourite places in Bury St Edmunds at this time of year, is the rose garden in the Abbey Gardens.

About a year ago, a new rose, the St Edmund Rose was planted in commemoration of the completion of the cathedral tower and visit of Prince Charles and Camilla. All the roses in the picture below were snapped in the rose garden on Saturday. The question is, can you spot which one is the St Edmund rose?

Hmm. I can smell the divine scent just looking at the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't tease me like this. Which one is the St Edmunds rose? They are all magnificent mind you. The Rose Garden was always a favourite place of mine when I lived in Bury many years ago. Also the copper beach and lawn beside the garden, I think the tree that was there when I was has since had to be cut down. You have made me very homesick, as I am other side of world in Australia.

John said...

Hi ex bury girl,
It's the picture on the bottom in the middle under the plaque. And very sweet-smelling it is too. I like the lawn beside the garden too. It makes a nice little amphitheatre.