Saturday, July 01, 2006

Moreton Hall Summer Fair

Today was the Moreton Hall Summer fair, organised by the Friends of Sebert Wood School, and joined this year by the Moreton Hall School, but still held in the grounds of Sebert Wood.

The flags were out in support of England...


...and there was a Dads' football competition on the field. No I didn't volunteer. If I had, would the year one Dads would have made the final? I think not. I'm useless at footy. Personally, I think I would rather have had baton twirlers to watch, but they weren't there this year. (Hello cutetwirler!).

There were the usual stalls and games. I rather liked this Treasure Map game - you pick a flag and, depending on the colour of the buried end of the stick you got a different prize.


There was also both a kids and an adult tombola. We got Little Miss to choose the adult tombola tickets for us and, as usual, she won us some booze. I must get her to pick the lottery numbers next time our ticket expires.

The ladies on the pick-a-card and win a prize..

...let the kids choose whatever prize they wanted, so we went home with plenty of booty.

But best of all for Little Miss, was the tattoo stall, where she got a picture of a unicorn on her arm...


I think we'll be reading some more of her Secret Unicorn book tonight, and I bet she refuses to have a bath!

1 comment:

ミス・イギリス said...

aww, tis I who used to do that fair, but alas, due to university, the majorettes have broken up (><)'
Wish I was there though!