Friday, September 08, 2006

Back to Work

The Missus has started her new job. The kids are back at school. So it's time for me to earn some more money. And it's all happening at once....

OK I've been having a few interviews over the last few weeks. Indeed I had one scheduled for today. But I've cancelled that because I'm sorted. There I was on the Home Office phone agreeing terms for my preferred option, when the mobile phone rang to offer me my second option!

So what am I going to be doing? No not interim head of Technical Architecture for Boots in Nottingham. (That was my second option). Instead, you can look forward to reading a new strand of the Interred Blog - Interred Down Under!

I think I mentioned before that when I left some ex-colleagues said that if ever I wanted a job...

Well I've been offered a contract in Melbourne until the end of November to dip my toe in and see if I want a permanent job with, yes, you've guessed it, CSC Australia! Ha, ha, ha!

My flight is booked and I'm off next Wednesday. Now this could be really interesting. Whooooo! More anon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice result - hope it works out for you!

Cheers,

Austen.

Anonymous said...

How exicting........ looking forward to you being there a little longer than the end of the year. Since we're having trouble getting back to the UK for a visit maybe out next vacation could be a trip "down under". Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Congrats John, everything certainly has happened at once - and I shall look forward to reading Interred Down Under!

Anonymous said...

Well as a former Bury girl now living in Melbourne I can only say congrats on the new job. What a great opportunity for you, but from a selfish perspective I will really miss your photos and writings on the countryside surrounding Bury. Thank you for them.
Not sure if you have visited Oz before but I hope you like it. Melbourne is a city that really grows on you I find, it does not have the startling beauty of Sydney Harbour (not many cities do!) but it has a heart and soul that I love. Some of the best food you will eat can be found in Melbourne, Jamie Oliver arrives tomorrow to open his first Fifteen restaurant outside of UK. He loves it here, and hope you do too. Would love to hear about your Melbourne impressions via your blog.

John said...

All,
Thanks for the good wishes. I'm all set up with my laptop to continue blogging when I get there.