Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Four Roberts

I mentioned Gran and Grandpa are visiting. That's my Mum and Dad. And they brought Robbie the dog with them. Now Dad, myself and Little W all share a common middle name (as did my grandfather before us) - Robert. So I thought we ought to have a commemorative photograph of the 4 Roberts together.

The picture was taken at what has become a favourite place to visit this summer - Wyken Hall. I must upload some pics to Flickr some time. But meanwhile here are a couple.

There is a regular reader who might like to know what they have all along the wall of the shop/restaurant...

It's figs! I don't know if they sell them or just use them in the Leaping Hare restaurant. Maybe somebody will know.

As well as exotic fruit they have exotic animals. Llamas, guinea fowl and peacocks. The peacocks were running about when we were there this time.


A couple of my favourite bits of the garden - here's the hot border...


And here's the pond...


And then there's the rose garden, dell, maze and millenium leap. Idyllic! Yes I must upload more to Flickr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lot of Roberts!!!

HEY FIGS! You've persuaded me to visit Wyken Hall!

Anonymous said...

Wyken Vineyard, this is my favourite place to visit near Bury St Edmunds, and you did not even go in the shop or restaurant! The shop has some beautiful gifts, kitchenware, toys, quilts, clothes and so much more. They also sell their own wine (it is a vineyard) and beer.
There is a farmers market on a Saturday morning which is well worth a look.
This was the place I used to go for a "pick me up day" when I lived in Bury, I miss it so much now I live in Florida.

I highly recommend a visit, and ladies.....if you can get your husband to take you out for a nice romantic meal at the restaurant, you can go shopping while you are there, putting all your purchases on the dinner bill!!!!! What an excellent idea.