Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Interred Down Under - The Journey Begins

So this is it. Off to Melbourne in a few minutes. The hardest bit is going to be being away from the family, I think. The little ones only know that Dad is going back to work and is going to be away.

Big Miss was fine. She has to be "the other adult" while I'm away. "Does that mean I can eat as much chocolate as I like?", she said. Cheek!

Little W was fine too. "I'm not sad", he said cheerfully as he was belted into his car seat to be taken to the child-minder.

But Little Miss doesn't want me to go. She says she needs my hugs.

And as for the missus - well she's not had to put up with me being away all week for several weeks in a row. And I will be half way around the world.

Still, we are all geared up for regular calls on Skype. I hope it works! Time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck John and family, hope it all goes well.