Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Beer

I went for a few beers with my workmate Dave after work the other day. I asked him where we could some decent beer near the office and he took me to the James Squire Brewhouse just down the road. They brew some of the beers on the premises and have quite a range on tap. It reminded me of the Old Cannon Brewery back in Bury St Edmunds. We tried most of the beers. I liked the Highwayman Red Ale best, but I didn't think any of them were as good as the beer we get at home. That got me wondering. Surely in a shopping Mecca like Melbourne it must be possible to find some bottled Suffolk beer?

Indeed it is. I found Acland Cellars in St Kilda stocked a range including both Greene King and Adnams beers. So I've got a couple of bottles for Dave to try.

2 comments:

Christina S said...

Has Dave had a go with the Suffolk beers yet? What did he think?

John said...

I don't know yet. I must ask him. I suspect they may be a bit too fruity for him, from what he said about the James Squire beers.