Sunday, November 19, 2006

St Kilda at Night

I'd been to St Kilda before, but not at night, so I hopped on a tram to visit it again. The gates to Luna Park look even more sinister at night.

As it was Saturday, it was open until 11pm. Admission is free - you just pay for the rides. I didn't do any of them myself, but plenty of other people did. I think this one is the Silly Serpent.

No it's not the ghost train, it just whizzed through my long exposure.

I also took a stroll down Acland Street (which is where I found the expatriate Suffolk Beer). Acland Street is famous for its Cake Shops. Here is the window of just one of several along a short stretch.

I'm not a cake man myself, but they still looked pretty yummy. Click on the picture if you want to see them better.

4 comments:

Christina S said...

I clicked! Twice, in fact! Can you bring me back one of those cream slices? OK, maybe not :-)Baclava in bottom right hand corner looks yummily squishy as well.

Great night time fairground shots. The gates to Luna Park look sinister indeed!

John said...

I'd love to bring you some cakes. But with all the things Little Miss has asked for, I'll be lucky to stay within my 20kg baggage limit!

Christina S said...

Lol. I think they might have squished rather badly in your case anyway!!

Anonymous said...

Hm I'm not sure they would have made it to my handbag had I been there - they look just a bit too yummy John !