Friday, November 24, 2006

One week to go

My time in Australia is running out now. One week today I will be home! And I still am not sure if I want to come back. I'll have to decide soon, but I have other options to consider, including an informal job offer and an interview the Tuesday after I get back.

Meanwhile, what haven't I done yet around Melbourne? I've still to meet up with some old friends of my parents who live in Toorak, but I've got that fixed up for next Thursday. And I haven't met ex-Bury Girl yet. Hello, are you still out there?

I've not answered my friend Geoff's question about what I really think of Australians, yet. I think I'll wait to see how they treat me next week first - the cricket is not going too well for England, is it?

But where haven't I been? Well I haven't been to many museums, or the zoo, or swum in the sea, or been into the MCG. But first I think I need to do some shopping. I started buying some things to take home last weekend, but I've other things still to get - including a bigger suitcase!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John
Yes I am still here. Have been checking out your blog and apologies for not commenting for a while! Have really enjoyed your observations on life in Oz, particularly Melbourne. I also learnt you can get Greene King beer in St Kilda, didnt know that! Must pop down to Acland St in the not too distant future. Its a big decision you and your family re your future. I love it here and would not go back to UK now but I have Aussie husband and children so that helps However miss my family like mad, always have always will. I guess these are the things you have to consider. I feel bad as we could have had coffee or lunch whilst I was in town as I work 3 days a week. However I am off work for rest of week now and you are heading off to cooler climes. Enjoy seeing your family again. Look forward to hearing about your homecoming. All the best Ex Bury girl

John said...

Thanks for the good wishes. Maybe if and when I come back I can buy you that coffee sometime.