Saturday, November 25, 2006

Wombat Divine

On Bourke St, Melbourne, there's a queue day and night at the moment. They even have marshals controlling it.

What is it for? Well if I move another 100m long the road, you can see. They are queuing to look into Myer's shop windows. Since 1956 they have dressed up the windows for Christmas with a story.

This year it is based on the story Wombat Divine by Mem Fox. Wombat tries out for all sorts of parts in the bush Nativity play. But he's too big to be Mary, too short to be a King and too heavy to be an angel.

But eventually he finds the perfect part...
...No I won't spoil the story.

Meanwhile, inside the store, the toy department has turned into Santaland.

That train looks fun, but I think I'm too big to be allowed on. Only junior wombats allowed.

2 comments:

Christina S said...

Wow - that beats Glasswells. Although they do have a rather spectacular display in there this year, for BSE!

John said...

Oo. I must go and see Glasswells when I'm back to compare.