Sunday, November 19, 2006

Melbourne Fiesta

Today there was a street Fiesta in Fitzroy, Melbourne. Or is it Carlton? I'm not sure where one stops and the other starts. My drinking buddy Dave told me there was a Spanish Fiesta this weekend, so I went to see what it was all about. Actually it encompassed more than Spanish, including Central and South American too (including Portuguese speaking countries). All the better. Johnston St was closed off for the event.

There were loads of stalls serving yummy food and thirst quenching drink all along the street. You can maybe see the smoke rising. There was also a carnival procession of a number of groups. Here they are before they set off.

The costumes were great.

And they danced as they made their way along the street.

At the end of the procession came the Mexicans. I take my hat off to you too sir!


See more of my photos of the event here on Flickr.

2 comments:

Mystery Shopper said...

That looks like it was fun. Were you salsa dancing in the street along with them?

John said...

Naah. Aussie blokes don't do that sort of thing....
...and neither do I.