Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Possums

I noticed when I visited Fitzroy Gardens some signs saying "Please Don't Feed the Possums", but, apart from one rather sleepy looking one in a box at Healesville Sanctuary I hadn't seen any. Which is not surprising, as they are nocturnal.

Well I can't go home without having seen them so I took a nighttime stroll to Fitzroy gardens to see if I could find any. And there were lots of them. They are very cute.

They reminded me a bit of squirrels back home, which can also be considered a bit of a pest. They are also very tame.

These two scuttled about while I tried to take their pictures, but came up to see if I had anything for them in my plastic bag.

Yes, that is actually a paw on my leg. Cheeky things!

1 comment:

Christina S said...

They're very cute!