Friday, October 06, 2006

Nightfall in Melbourne

Here are some views of Melbourne as night falls. I love it when the sky has faded to be only as bright as the lights of the buildings. This is the view from the Yarra riverside at South Bank.

I went and got something to eat. By the time I'd finished it was completely dark.

I walked along the Soutbank promenade and started crossing the river via Princes bridge. I was about to take a photo of the Southgate precinct, when two young ladies ran up to me shouting "Stop!". They insisted that I take a picture of them and their mates. So here it is.

And here is the view of the south bank of the Yarra.

I returned to my hotel. (This was last weekend when I was staying at the other end of the Melbourne CBD). Just across the road was Spencer Street station, recently rebadged as the Southern Cross station following a controversial extensive redevelopment.

I like the wavy roof. I decided it makes the building look like a giant jellyfish at night.

No comments: