Wednesday, May 03, 2006

East Anglian Beer Festival 2006

StPeters Grapefruit
One of the highlights of my year is the East Anglian Beer Festival, held in the Corn Exchange in Bury St Edmunds. This year's was Weds 26th - Sat 29th April. As usual it was excellent and had 60 beers and 7 ciders, all from East Anglia. There seemed to be more lighter beers (less than 4% alcohol) than usual, which is good as you can taste more without falling down. Those I particularly enjoyed included:

  • Iceni Celtic Queen and Raspberry Wheat
  • Old Chimneys Great Raft Bitter
  • Tindall Ales Liberator
  • Waveney Brewing Company Lightweight and
  • Wolf Brewery Straw Dog
  • One beer I was looking forward to wasn't there, though - I was hoping to being able to say to workmates that I had spent the Friday afternoon enjoying a tasty Essex Blonde.

    But my personal Beer of the Festival was St Peters' Grapefruit. Absolutely delicious!

    No comments: