Thursday, May 25, 2006

Freedom

It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but it feels weird. Officially, of course, I'm just on annual leave at the moment, but I no longer have to consciously avoid thinking about work and all the things I have to do when I get back, like I normally do when on holiday. I got out of the car when I got home and it struck me - where did I put the mobile phone? Oh, I don't have one any more. And no need to bring the laptop in and connect it up. That has gone too.

Physically, I managed to sneak away without much fuss. It's kind of impossible to have a leaving do when 99% of the people you work with are not based at the office where you have the occasional use of a desk. But I got a great Virtual send off. Many thanks to all for the kind messages.

Thanks, especially, to Lance for administering the last rites and for taking on all the things I've left behind. Good luck to you and the rest of the team.

So what to do next? Well today I put together my initial "To Do" list. It's quite long! A trip into town was called for, not least to take some pictures for the new Bury Mystery Object challenge. That was fun. We'll see how long it takes people to guess.

I also had to take some flower photos. The missus was watching the Chelsea Flower Show coverage and said - "Hey, there's a competition. You should enter". The Blossoming Britain competition is for flowers photographed this week. You have to send 2 photos - one of your flower and one of the same flower with the day's newspaper (to prove the date of taking the photo). I decided to go back to Bradfield Woods and photograph the mystery flower in close up. (Yes that's it with this post - Anybody know what it is? I'm still stumped).

As for tomorrow...

No comments: