Monday, May 22, 2006

Goodbye Vision Park

Whoooooo. Time is running out!
Tomorrow will be my last day at work, then I'll be using up my outstanding holiday until my offical leaving date of 31st May. Before I go I'll have to visit the office, my base location for the last 9 years, in Vision Park, Histon. I've hardly been there for the last 5 years or so, but they still let me use a desk when I do go there (thanks guys!). Somehow they have managed to just forget to delete me from the security system, so I can still get in. I'll have to go there tomorrow to hand over my laptop, phone, ID card etc. I hate goodbyes. I'm starting to get twitchy already.

It wasn't always called Sovereign House, you know. When we first moved in it was shared with Acorn Computer Group and was called Acorn House. They became part of Olivetti in 1985, but no longer have a separate identity.

That reminds me. I've a number of little stories accumulated over the years, which I should write down and share with whoever cares to visit. I think I'll start with the "Whizzo Toys" saga. It's a wonder I didn't get sacked for that!

Meanwhile, here is a picture of Vision Park taken from Nadia's, purveyors of fine sandwiches and cakes. Ham and Emmental baguette was my favourite. Yum.

No comments: