Saturday, May 06, 2006

Where's the Pear Tree?

Usually Saturdays are Swimming Lesson day (more anon). But today there's a swimming gala on, so lessons are cancelled. Nevertheless, for some reason the missus was up at the crack of dawn (something to do with falling asleep on the settee before 9 p.m. last night, perhaps). At least she brought me a coffee in bed to compensate for waking me up. And it gave me the chance to go for a ride before the terrible trio awoke. So out onto Route 51.

It really is the best time of day to be out and about and see the wildlife. I was a bit slow getting off the bike to photograph the cute bunnies, but I did manage to catch one of a pair of birds trotting about beside the path along the edge of Rougham airfield. "I think they might be a brace of Partridge", I thought to myself. On comparing my photo with images on Google, I think I might be right. But I didn't see any pear trees, so I might be wrong :-).

No comments: