Thursday, May 18, 2006

Off with their heads!

This is one of the bollards on the new National Cycle Network Route 51 path that I go along on my morning ride. They look quite smart, don't they? I got a bit of a surprise, though, when I got off my bike to take a photo and leaned it against one of them. It moved. They're bendy bollards! They look like they are stone or concrete, but they're actually made of plastic!

Anyway, this was what I wanted to photograph after my discovery yesterday (when I didn't take my camera). After our foray to Bradfield Woods, I've become more aware of the lovely variety of wildflowers beside the path. Here you can see some of the poppies that have just come out in the last week or so. But where you get to the bit where the path crosses Mount Rd at the far corner of Rougham Airfield you see this... Oh no! Where the path runs right beside the road, they've cut the verge. All those lovely flowers have had their heads chopped off! What harm were they doing anybody?

No comments: